March 2, 2011

Welcome to Perspective

Well, here it goes! For some time now the pastoral staff has been encouraging me to blog, and to be totally honest, I’ve been dragging my feet, not because blogging or technology scare me, (okay they do a little) but more because I really can’t fathom anyone caring all that much about what I think or say. In fact, at times it even seems a bit arrogant to put my thoughts “out there” for others to read and consider.

With those struggles on the table, let me take just a moment to introduce and explain the goal of this blog. In entitling my blog Perspective, I really have a singular aim. It is not so much to give my perspective, though that may be the case from time to time. Rather, the goal is to share and present God’s perspective as it is spelled out for us in the Word of God. As a follower of Christ, it is my duty and desire to live my life from God’s perspective and encourage others to do the same. That being the case, I want the readers of this blog to interact with the Word of God and from that interaction come away with what God thinks and wants, and in that process gain a greater perspective on who He is. To accomplish that goal, I am primarily going to expand upon the study I do each week for the messages I preach at Harvest Bible Chapel, West Olive, Michigan. I will share some of the personal insights and challenges that study brings to me (beyond what I share on Sundays) and present them for your consideration and hopefully your edification. It is my prayer that the end result will be that we all gain a clearer perspective of biblical truth and how it applies to life.

Are you ready for a little perspective? I look forward to passing on what God is teaching me and trust that you will find encouragement, hope, help, and maybe even some correction in the days and weeks that follow. See you soon with the first installment of Perspective.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to more great insights from you, I am excited to see how God is going to use this as just another tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also look forward to being encouraged and challenged by your words on your blog.

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pastor Ken,

    I am the one who told you tonight I visited your blog. While I do look forward to it, may I humbly suggest you add some more color? The black and white makes it a little harder to read (unless it is just me) than usual. Unless, however, that is your perspective. :P

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last weeks sermon was right on. We are excited to see what God has laid on your heart for us. We are thankful that you preach His word straight forward with no confusion.

    ReplyDelete